Four years ago, we celebrated the first Cozy holiday party at La Mar Cebicheria Peruana in San Francisco.
There were five of us at the event, including significant others. We were two months into our publicly announced private beta, and we had about around 20 customers, maybe 30.
In the four years since then, our mission and vision haven’t wavered, but oh, how things have changed.
Let’s start with some stats from 2016:
- 1 new office space at One North in Portland, Oregon
- 👶 2 new babies were born
- 👬 2 people got married
- ⛺️ 4 nights sleeping under the stars at Cozy campouts
- 🐶 9 office pups, most of whom visit regularly
- 💪🏾 12 new people joined Team Cozy. We’re now 29 strong.
- ☕️ 9,360 cups of coffee (at least) fueled us
- 112,320 ounces of La Croix consumed
- 200,000 (about) Slack messages sent
- 💰 $8,450,000 in Series B funding raised
Our business has grown, more than 400%, in fact.
- 🚀 >400% revenue growth
- 13,000 ZIP codes contain Cozy-managed properties
- 66,714 paper rental applications were eliminated
- 🏡 98,000 new properties were added. The Cozy community is more than three times as big as the largest REIT in the United States.
- 211,475 landlords and renters signed up
- 360,557 checks were eliminated
- 💵 $600 million in payments were processed
Landlordology, our free education site, is a locomotive.
- 109 articles published
- 2,651,704 organic visitors, up 180% from 2015
- 13,000 average daily page views
- Most popular article: Tenants’ Rights When Selling an Occupied Rental Property
Cozy continues to have A+ operations and support.
- ✅ We had 99.9992% up time for the entire year
- 🙂 35,034 support tickets successfully answered (through November)
We shipped a ton of new stuff. Here are some highlights:
- Syndication to Doorsteps, Realtor, and Oodle
- A way for customers to export their transaction data to finance software
- Listings galleries for landlords
- Improved product speed
- Landlords can link to their checking account using a debit card
- Integration with SiftScience as part of our fraud infrastructure
- Notification preferences
- Express Payouts for landlords
- Shareable renter profiles for renters
- Plaid integration for faster payment onboarding
- YouTube videos in listings
- Maps on listings galleries
- Redesigned invoicing for landlords
- 🆕 We’re launching a new product that helps landlords price their units. Look for it any day now.
- 🆕 Renters will be able to report their payments to credit bureau by the end of the year!
All these stats and facts represent just part of what we’ve accomplished and experienced this year as a team. We’ve come so far, but I feel like we’ve just scratched the surface—we’re facing so many exciting opportunities. Q1 of 2017 is going to be great, and we can’t wait for you to see what’s coming.
Thanks for supporting our mission to bring peace of mind to landlords and renters everywhere. We wouldn’t be here without you, and we’re fired up to continue the journey in the coming years.
Happy holidays from everyone at Team Cozy!