This year has been a wild ride for all of us, and as the end of 2017 approaches, we want to take a minute to share a few highlights. Both Cozy the company and Cozy the product have grown in wonderful and interesting new ways, so let’s get into it.
We listened to our customers, and shipped a ton of new tools that make Cozy work harder for landlords and renters every day.
- We launched Cozy Renters Insurance, which helps renters cover their belongings in case something bad happens. And it allows landlords to require and verify proof of coverage with just a few clicks.
- Landlords asked us to help them be better organized, so we created integrated expense tracking, which makes it easy to track property expenses from anywhere for better tax prep.
- Both landlords and renters wanted a better way to communicate about maintenance issues, so we launched a new tool for maintenance requests, and it’s already a popular feature.
- Rent estimate reports give landlords the info they need to competitively and fairly price their rentals.
- Because more multi-family landlords and property managers use Cozy than ever before, we improved our properties dashboard. Now everyone can more easily manage all their units on Cozy.
- It can be hard to build and improve credit, but now renters can build their credit histories simply by paying their rent every month.
- We made it even easier for renters to pay rent online to any landlord, even if their landlord isn’t on Cozy yet.
- And we partnered with Updater, so renters can easily manage the complex details of their move from within Cozy.
Our mission since day one has been to deliver peace of mind to renters and landlords everywhere, and we’ve been making steady and incredible progress towards that goal.
- Our business and revenue grew 125% this year, as we happily welcomed 380,000 new landlords and renters to Cozy. We passed a huge payment milestone and are now processing more than $1 billion a year in payments.
- We’ve cultivated a massive community of informed and active real estate professionals by connecting over 4 million new visitors to Landlordology and hosting nearly 10,000 landlords at our weekly educational webinars.
- The incredible Cozy support team answered 50,000 tickets, and our operations team kept Cozy up and available for 99.994% of the time, which helped every Cozy landlord better run their rentals.
Not only did Team Cozy grow in size this year, but we grew as individuals. And we continued to cultivate our place in our community.
- Nine new Cozyans joined the team across design, support, product, and engineering, which brings us to a total of 35 fine folks, all based in Portland, Oregon.
- We welcomed our first engineering intern this summer, and she shared her experience on our blog.
- Three new babies and three new office pups joined the Cozy family.
From our Cozy family to yours, we hope you had a great 2017, and we can’t wait to see what we’ll accomplish together in 2018!